Financial Education Services, Inc. ( FES ) is required
to disclose and you acknowledge and agree to the following:
- The FES instructor that will be delivering your bankruptcy
debtor education is an experienced and trained professional. Instructors
either hold a teaching certificate or have been certified as a personal finance
counselor by a third-party organization
- FES offers the bankruptcy debtor education program
needed prior to discharge of debt. The United States Trustee has reviewed only
the provider’s instructional course and has neither reviewed nor approved any
other services the provider provides to debtors.
For an individual or joint bankruptcy, the bankruptcy debtor education course is offered by internet for $25 per session.
Payment can be made by debit card, credit card, prepaid card, automatic withdrawal from a bank account, and attorney code.
If requested, FES will provide refunds according to the following guidelines: (1) If a person completes the course and a
certificate is requested and issued, no refund will be provided; (2) Otherwise, a refund for the amount paid less a $5 fee
for expenses incurred will be issued. A refund must be requested within 30 days of payment.
- The debtor student must provide bankruptcy case number.
- The bankruptcy debtor education course is provided to debtor students without
regard to the student’s ability to pay the fee.
- FES does not pay or receive fees or other consideration
for the referral of customers to FES.
- All debtor students of the bankruptcy debtor education course must remain within
the course and its content for a minimum of two (2) hours.
- FES is not responsible for any client-side technical
problems or challenges. These include the basic understanding of how to operate
a computer or mobile device, the compatibility of your computer or mobile
device, internet connectivity, and the use of any necessary software applications
- Upon completion of the course, FES will promptly provide
a certificate of course completion to the debtor student. FES
may also provide your attorney and/or bankruptcy judge/trustee with copies of
your certificate, as well as any other required information gathered during
the counseling session.
- Your privacy is important to us. We make certain that all information shared
orally, electronically, and in writing will be managed within legal and ethical
considerations. We will take precautions to disclose information only to
those who have a right to know. FES may be required to
disclose certain information to the United States Trustee in connection with
the United States Trustee’s oversight of the provider, or during investigation
of complaints, during onsite visits, or during quality of service reviews.
from our website.
- FES provides services in English. Consumers requiring services in other languages should seek assistance from another provider.
- You may contact us at any time if you have any questions or concerns.
Financial Education Services, Inc. Fee Waiver Policy
FES will waive the debtor education fee in whole or
in part whenever a client demonstrates a lack of ability to pay the fee. A client
presumptively lacks the ability to pay the fee in whole or in part if the client’s
current household income is less than 150 percent of the poverty guidelines
for their family size.
- The income for comparison to the poverty guidelines is the “Total Combined
Monthly Income” as reported on Line 16 of Schedule I of the bankruptcy petition.
- Non-cash governmental assistance (such as food stamps or housing subsidies)
is not included in calculating debtor income.
- The income of a spouse is included when calculating income whether or not a joint
petition is filed, unless the spouses are separated and a joint petition is
- The income of any other family member listed on Schedule I as a dependent is
You may contact our office at 1–877-460‑7337 or
with your name and case number as they appear on your paperwork for assistance
in determining if you qualify. If you qualify and would like to arrange for
a waiver, please forward a written request for the waiver along with evidence
of any and all income by email to
, or by fax to 1–877-460‑8337.
Alternatively, you may forward a written request for the waiver along with appropriate
Financial Education Services, Inc.
8956 Tuscan Valley Place
Orlando, FL 32825