Bankruptcy courses are also available over the telephone.
Second Course by Phone | $25 per Household
Post-Filing Debtor Education
(Take This Class After You File for Bankruptcy)
Register for the automated phone session by calling 1–877-460‑7337
- Telephone debtor education courses last approximately 2 hours
- Course is automated; it can be accessed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week after you have registered. Counselors are available to answer questions and issue certificates Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM — 9:00 PM Eastern.
- Bankruptcy case number and filing district are needed to register
Once registered, you may access the automated phone course by calling 1–877-246‑8041
Post-Filing Debtor Education by telephone is provided by Financial Education Services, Inc.
Haven’t Filed for Bankruptcy Yet?
First Course by Phone | $50 per Household
Pre-Filing Bankruptcy Credit Counseling
(Take This Class Before You File for Bankruptcy)
Schedule a phone session with a live counselor by calling 1–877-380‑6353
- Telephone counseling sessions are scheduled between the hours of 10:00 AM and 4:00 PM ET, Monday through Friday
- Sessions last approximately 60 to 90 minutes
- Sessions are completed with one-on-one help from a live financial counselor
Pre-Filing Bankruptcy Counseling by telephone is provided by National Financial Literacy Foundation, Inc.